January 12, 2018

When Nobody Cares......


First off, If you haven't read my post on The Rebelution Blog, here it is.

Thought I'd expand a little on something in that post before I continued with my series in Dating and Relationships.
Here's a quote from that article:

"After a while, people stopped asking me how things were going. Their lives continued, while I wondered if anyone cared. "
One of the hardest things in my life right now is that I often feel underappreciated, under supported, and unnoticed.

You'd think that someone in a hard, visible ministry would get lots of prayers and support, but I've learned something.


People want happy stories. They want to ask you how you're doing and get a cool story about how God is using you, the miraculous, the spectacular. They want something worthy of The Cross and The Switchblade.

They want to make a movie out of your ministry. Or at least a drama.

What they don't want to hear is stories of agony, pain and seemingly pointless effort.

Sometimes, I have stories of people who came to Jesus and have changed totally, and gotten themselves all straightened out.

More often, I can't find any good stories worthy of a self respecting magazine article.

But that doesn't mean I'm not making a difference. It's just not as cool as most people would want. Or as I would want.

What do you do when you feel like nobody understands how hard something is? Or when your hard earned results don't sound as spectacular to people that you talk to?


You take refuge in the fact that Jesus understands everything. He always wants to hear how your day went, no matter how horrible. He is just as excited for every little victory as you are.....

He will always hold you close in the scars on His palms.

No matter how little recognition you get from others.

And His is the only notice that really matters, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Saints in Full Color

In memory and celebration of the recent anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr's assassination last week, I decided to present two ...